|Initial consultation (1hr)||49|
Payment can be made by card, cash or cheque (please note cheques are paid in immediately using an app).
If you are registered with any of the following Health Insurance Companies you may be able to claim back the cost of your treatment. Please check your individual policy before attending your treatment and be prepared to supply your policy number and claim number to your chiropractor.
The aim of the first visit is to do a detailed assessment of your health. You will be asked for information about your current condition and also about your medical history and overall health. Some of the questions you will be asked may not seem important, but they will help to establish an overall picture of your health and determine whether chiropractic care is appropriate for your condition.
This will then be followed by a physical examination. Please make sure you are wearing suitable clothing for this – we highly recommend bringing shorts for men and shorts and a strappy top for women. Clothing should be comfortable to move around in.
After the examination, there will be time to discuss what your chiropractor has found. You will receive a full explanation of your condition and a detailed a care plan, which will set out what you can expect when receiving chiropractic care, the costs of care and the treatment options that are available to you. You will also be told about exercises and lifestyle changes that can help you to manage your condition and assist with your recovery.
You will be given time to ask questions so that you fully understand what treatment is being proposed. If you are happy to proceed, you will be asked to give your written consent to treatment.
Treatment may include any or all of the following:
- Specific exercises – to address the underlying ongoing cause of your symptoms
- Advice – to help you manage your condition in every day life
- Spinal manipulation – a gentle thrust to a joint to relieve stiffness and promote free movement of the joint. Sometimes as the joint releases there is a small audible “pop”
- Massage – to remove tension and knotting in muscles and connective tissue
- Instrument-assisted massage – particularly useful for long-term injuries to tendons or ligaments
- Western Acupuncture – the use of needles to alleviate pain, reduce muscle tension, stimulate healing in tendons and ligaments and promote relaxation
Your chiropractor will keep all details about your health and treatment strictly confidential. No one will be allowed to see your records without your permission.
Chiropractic treatment often takes place over a number of weeks, particularly if you have had the problem for a long time, and will usually involve a series of treatments being given at defined intervals. Throughout the course of your care, you will be able to ask any questions you might have about the management of your condition and your treatment.